The Travel Expo is a trade show that brings different destinations and puts them under one roof. The objective is help the travel and tourism industry, especially in the State of Washington, because it is the only state in the USA that does not have an official tourism office. By doing this, we are providing an equal opportunity and a platform to all businesses (including small ones) to market themselves to their target audience at the event, which we will make sure through our marketing efforts that they attend the event.
In addition, the event is also both fun and educational to families and friends that will be able to learn about different destinations for their next vacation, win free round-trip flights in our raffle draw, and take pictures with camels and cars at the event.
Thanks to our 2017 sponsor, Alaska Airlines, this event was made possible!
The Travel Expo 2017 will take place on the 5th floor of the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center (Exhibition Hall B) on January 6th, 2017. Doors will open from 11am and the event will go on until 7pm.
The address is 1500 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402.
We want all our events to be relevant, and therefore, we make sure that all the exhibitors are from the travel and tourism industry. These exhibitors include:
- – Alaska Airlines
- – Visit Spokane
- – Snohomish County Tourism Bureau
- – Travel Tacoma & Pierce County
- – Seattle Pacific Center
- – LeMay America’s Car Museum
- – W Hotels Seattle
- – Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- – Travel Lane County (Oregon)
- – Tacoma Dome
- – Gig Harbor Gondola
- – The Inn At Gig Harbor
- – La Conner Chamber of Commerce
- – Old McDebbie’s Farm
- – Tacoma Ghost Tours
- – Cheryl’s Northwest Tours
- – Travel Leaders
- – Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism
- – Meadow Park Golf Course (Metro Parks Tacoma)
- – Clackamas County Tourism (Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory)
- – Downtown On The Go (Downtown Tacoma)
- – Federal Way Performing & Conference Greater
- – City of Gig Harbor Tourism Department
- – UTrip
- – Skyview Travels
To become an exhibitor, please email Chris McKenna (Business Development Director).
Based on the likes on our Facebook Page and the RSVPs on our Eventbrite Listing, we are expecting between 2,000 to 3,000 visitors. This foot traffic includes both the general public (B2C) as well as businesses from the travel and tourism industry (B2B).
In addition, we are also marketing the event through the following activities:
- – Paid ads on Facebook
- – Announcement on Travel Tacoma & Pierce County’s Facebook Page
- – Announcement on Travel Tacoma & Pierce County’s newsletter
- – Post on Travel Tacoma & Pierce County’s blog
- – Announcement on Tacoma Dome’s Facebook Page
- – Announcement on Tacoma Dome’s newsletter
- – Announcement on Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook Page
- – Announcement on Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s website to all their members
- – Announcement on Northwest Travel & Life Magazine newsletter to subscribers (10,000+ emails)
For media inquiries, please email Al Lawati (Marketing Director).